Saturday 5 January 2013

Hello 2013

We decided to ring in the new year eating cheese and crackers, fresh baked bread and butter, and drinking port. We watched Jools Holland and were even too lazy to walk down the road to watch the midnight fireworks. Liam didn't finish work until 11pm. And me? Well I have a rather demanding 8month old who's decided sleeping is really not cool.
2013 began pretty well with a bowl of porridge and honey then a spot of spring cleaning before a blustery walk (so windy I had to cling to a wall at one point!) across the beaches. My mind is whirring with plans for this year and I'm hoping Liam and I will get some time together to actually sit down and write down our hopes and dreams for the year.

I'm useless with resolutions but I hope to become a little better at juggling everything, and to work harder on our allotment plot over 2013. These past months I have had so many things I've wanted to write about, blog posts have been planned out in my head, but I'm still getting used to my new job as a mama and it's really rather tiring! I just don't know how all these blog mama's do it! I have a few simple ideas for this space, including 52; a portrait a week. I love the photographs that Che and Fidel show each week of their children, capturing a memory and showing their growth throughout the year. I'd like to end the year with 52 photos of queenie to put in a book, to sum up her year.

How were your new year celebrations? What did you do? Any challenging (or not!) resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment