Monday 2 December 2013

24

My Liam.
On Friday he had the day off and we celebrated his 24th birthday with cuddles and food (duh!). After presents in bed, we quickly dressed and the three of us went out for a scrumptious breakfast. We ordered everything! A fruit platter with yoghurt and honey, crepes, bacon drenched in maple syrup, scrambled eggs, a large plate of fried breakfast and freshly squeezed orange juice. And there was so much of it! Queenie favoured the delicious crepes and we had to fight her to get any for ourselves. If any of you Newquay folk haven't tried breakfast at Cafe Irie, you have to get around to it. I have no idea why it has taken us this long to do it. Their Canadian breakfast deluxe is our voted favourite! Mm, mmmm

We returned home to find a big parcel from Liam's parents. While Queenie slept, we opened it to find it was filled with sweet treats and silly gifts. In the evening our friends came for dinner with their two girls*, and we made a ridiculous amount of pizza and spent the evening eating and talking.
The last few months I've fallen in love with this man all over again. He's been such a support and is still my best friend ever! We've recently come to terms with the fact that we are a couple of recluses. Both are most comfortable and happy to be at home or out, as just the three of us. For a long while I've felt quite lonely or lost with very few people around who really get me (Yes, I know, what a dramatic, adolescent response to life), and then I realised I'm seriously blessed to have found the person who gets me most in all the world! So, for us, a day spent together eating good food, with a generous portion of cuddles is the perfect day. Happy birthday lover boy, looking forward to many more together!

No comments:

Post a Comment