Thursday 23 January 2014

1/52

52.
What a wonderful project it was. People often commented on how they loved seeing the documentation of our Queens as she grew throughout 2013. Especially family or friends who aren't close by to see her changing week to week.

But it was tough. I'm naturally unorganised and a project so structured was difficult for me to work on. I was caught up in the busy months of summer and found myself six weeks behind at one point. But somehow I did it. Despite not posting each weeks out on time for you, I never forgot to actually take snaps. So we've now got 52 photographs of our Queenie that tell a story of growth, of the process from baby to toddler. 
Last week I began looking back through my photos to make them into a book. I love reading through what we wrote, remembering each stage she went through. 

I know I haven't began again so far this year (great start Holly) but I do think we want to continue it. Its a challenge to keep it up and a challenge is good! And I am excited to begin with baby two come April!
Last year all of the pictures were taken on my iPhone. Our camera is missing a part and I need a new lens for my film camera. This year I hope to change that. I can't promise every week that we will take the photograph with a real camera, but I'm definitely going to try and mix it up a bit.

So without further ado, I give you week one of 2014...
"A portrait of Queenie Valentine, once a week, every week in 2014."

A new years walk to evaluate the storm damage and collect treasures washed up on the beach.

Joining in with Jodi's 52 project.

No comments:

Post a Comment