Friday 2 August 2013

A rethink


I've been going through a little bit of a change recently. I'm trying to work out what is a priority in my life, and comparing it to what I think it should be.
We've been quiet because anything going on that is worth sharing on here was enjoyed too much so photographed very little. It's the best weather England has had for years and we are spending every moment lapping it up, and I truly don't want to miss a thing that's happening out there in the sky, the sea and on the sand.

Also, I'm finding words haven't been coming easily. It's a real chore and takes me hours to form sentences, then editing the photographs, which I find pretty gruelling too. My brain hasn't been tuned to blogging in recent, so minutes are spent staring blankly at the screen. 

Queenie and I are enjoying the outside too much for me to be spending a ridiculous amount of time trying to string together words which mean something. For the next few weeks/ months, things may be a little quiet here. I'll try to continue to share pictures but words will be few. I might bundle a months worth of 52 photoraphs into one post, we'll see. I've found that this blog is putting on pressure that then results in me feeling like a disappointment, which is never good. I see what I post on and it's not what I want my life to look like, or even an accurate representation of how it is. So I think the time spent forcing myself to create a post, I could be taking a long walk or painting.

So for a while I'll be focusing on the important things and might catch you here every now and then. Enjoy your summer (or for you southerners, winter!) and make the most of it! 
A few photographs taken on a spectacularly hot day in which we went strawberry picking, carbooting and sat in the sunshine together, reading and sewing quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment